Hello, hello and welcome to this Friday’s rip-roaring blog post. Recently we’ve been re-visiting our corking curriculum inspired rewards, and today it’s the turn of History. Have a look at our 38mm stickers for a fabulous way to inspire mini historians. Featuring a range of subject specific images and captions like “Excellent use of evidence”, “Good arguments well done!” and “Well done in history!”, a pack of 75 of these aged beauties will cost you just £3.79 (£4.55 .incl. VAT).
Or check out our 24mm ‘Well done’ stickers for a quick and easy way to reward effort and achievement. A set of 140 will set you back just £3.67 (£4.40 incl. VAT). Plus have a look at our free downloadable history certificate which is perfect for ensuring communication between home and school.
For a little bit of fun we’ve put together a noodle-scratching history quiz for you to have a go at. The answers can be found below the images, the quiz master’s word is final.
1. Who was Henry VIII’s fourth wife and what was the nickname Henry gave her?
2. Who is supposed to have fiddled while Rome burned?
3. What was the capital city of England before London?
4. Whom did Flora Macdonald help to escape?
5. Who is the only British Prime Minister to have been assassinated?
6. When did the UK adopt decimal currency?
7. Who assassinated President Lincoln?
8. What did Howard Carter discover in 1922?
9. What was the codename for the Allied invasion of France in June 1944?
10. What was the name of the first battle of The American Civil War?
Visit our website to have a peep at these and the rest of our cracking curriculum stickers and rewards.
1. Anne of Cleves (whom Henry unkindly named ‘The Flanders Mare’)
2. Emperor Nero
4. Bonnie Prince Charlie
5. Spencer Percival
7. John Wilkes Booth
8. The Tomb of Tutankhamun
9. Operation Overlord
10. Fort Sumter