Would you like to win a pack of our bright and beautiful square star stickers? Then all you have to do is leave us a comment on this post telling us whether you think the following statements are true or false… The first person with all the correct ‘true and falses’ will win a pack of 120 cheerful 28mm square star stickers. Enjoy and good luck!
True or false:
1. It’s thought that the Ancient Egyptians first used ‘stickers’ to display the prices of what they were selling at the market.
2. The word ‘sticker’ originates from the Greek ‘stikos’ meaning ‘to have one sticky side’.
3. The largest sticker ever made measured 63.98 m x 127.26 m.
4. What we know and love as modern day stickers were invented by R. Stanton Avery in the 1930s when he produced the first self-adhesive label.
5. The first ‘scratch and sniff’ stickers were inspired by a gummy paste used on the back of stickers before they were self-adhesive that consisted of flour, water and powdered dried lavender.
Be sure to read our terms and conditions before entering, they’re not very exciting, but they are necessary. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.